Monday, November 24, 2008

Future Plans for Pratt Institute

I recently spoke with one of my former art professors Jos Smith.
He had informed me that the President of Pratt Institute Dr. Tom Schutte,had pulled him aside and spoke of some of Pratt's future plans. Dr. Schutte, spoke about Pratt working in conjunction with Ringling Brother's and Barnum Baily Circus.
This would allow all the different majors to work and collaborate with the Circus.
For example the students can draw the animals and clowns as a part of their life drawing classes, the fashion design students can design costumes for the performers and the media arts students can learn about stage lighting and production work. My first idea was how funny would that be, but you know the more I think about it the more infinite I see the possibilities.
This kind of idea could really give Pratt's students, faculty, staff and it's alumni at a serious advantage. First of all we would be ahead of the game and each major would be even higher on the school ranking charts as far as reestablishing our global reputation as an Art and Design School.

No comments: