Thursday, November 20, 2008

Artists as Creators part 1

Artists are Creators and they usually create from their own experiences. The kind of Artists I am wanting to focus on are Visual. This is the realm of experience I speak from, this is not to exclude any of the other Arts. Because I think all the Arts essentially come from a common place of origin, that origin being what it means to be human.
Visual Artists are more often than not visual thinkers, that is they literally think visually and must utilize their eyes to see how something works in order to make sense of the world around them. Artists are image makers, and they utilize tools in conventional and unconventional ways. I believe Artists are not the only ones who are Creators, I think we all are whether we are conscious of it or not. Artists are just the ones who get most of the credit because of their compulsive need to fill the missing voids in their lives.

No comments: